BERLIN - Students at Berlin High School were evacuated from school for over an hour Monday morning.
According to a voicemail alert sent to parents of students at the high school, officials detected a gas odor smell in the building. Students evacuated the building at 7:30 a.m.
The fire department investigated and determined the smell was coming from a boiler in the school’s boiler room.
While the smell of gas was present, fire investigators determined there were no harmful levels of gas present. Students were allowed to return to the building by 8:45 a.m. the message said.
The boiler is now under repair by Connecticut Natural Gas.