BERLIN - Firefighters have had a busy two days, putting out a house fire Sunday evening and a car fire Monday afternoon.
All four of the town’s fire companies responded to a house fire at 193 Winesap Road around 7:30 p.m. Sunday. No injuries were reported, said Matt Odishoo, the assistant fire marshal.
Odishoo said the fire started in the chimney and spread through the walls up to the attic. The blaze took about 2 hours to extinguish, he added, and the family was not displaced.
On Monday, all four companies also responded to a car fire at 85 Glenn St., around 2:20 p.m.
The owner of the vehicle, Odishoo said, had left the car running as he went inside and returned to find it smoking. The fire was confined to the engine area and put out within minutes, Odishoo said. Mechanical or electrical problems are believed to be the cause.
Charles Paullin can be reached at 860-801-5074, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter: @CPaullinNBH.