BERLIN - Gas service had to be suspended in the Hawthorne Drive are Monday as the result of a leak at a Connecticut Natural Gas work site, a town dispatcher said.
The leak was called in at 11:13 a.m. at 193 Hawthorne Drive, the dispatcher said.
As of 7 p.m., the fire crews that had been sent to the scene were no longer there.
No injuries were reported,
The gas was shut off as CNG crews worked to fix the problem, according the East Berlin Fire Department Facebook page Monday evening.
-- Charles Paullin, staff writer