DANBURY - Fire officials say a man is in serious condition after he fell from a roof and became impaled on a barbecue grill rotisserie stand in Connecticut.
Crews were called to the Danbury social club around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Authorities say the man in his 30s fell about 10 feet and landed on the metal object, which punctured part of his chest.
Witnesses tell The News-Times the man had been inspecting an exhaust fan on the roof.
Authorities say responders used a saw to cut the beam off the grill while paramedics kept the metal in his chest so he could be taken to the hospital. He will undergo surgery to have the object removed.
A safety specialist with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration was at the scene.