Jury selection near for man in 2015 'rough sex' case

Published on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 22:17
Written by LISA BACKUS

STAFF WRITER

NEW BRITAIN – Jury selection is slated to start in the trial of an Avon man accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a New Britain woman he knew.

Anton Odessky, 35, of 25 Harris Road, Avon, is accused of repeatedly forcing the woman to have “rough sex” during several encounters in the spring of 2015. He was arrested on three counts of first-degree sexual assault in June 2015.

The woman reported the alleged attacks to New Britain police in April 2015 after Odessky had been arrested on charges that he had physically abused her.

The two had consensual sex for a few months in 2014, the woman told investigators. But after Odessky got out of a three-month substance abuse rehabilitation program in March 2015, he became very rough with her until she screamed for him to stop, according to a warrant for his arrest. During one encounter, he squeezed her neck so hard she couldn’t breathe and felt like she was going to pass out, she said.

The woman said she was too scared of Odessky to say no to him and he would become violent as they were having sex. At one point, he took pictures of her bloody body parts and sent them to her by text message with “derogatory remarks,” the warrant said. Officers found the text messages on the woman’s phone.

Odessky opted to take his case to trial rather than agree to a plea bargain. Jury selection in the trial is slated to begin June 26 in New Britain Superior Court.

Lisa Backus can be reached at 860-801-5066 or Lbackus@centralctcommunications.com.



Posted in New Britain Herald, General News, New Britain on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 22:17. Updated: Wednesday, 14 June 2017 22:19.