No injuries in fire caused by smoking on second floor porch of Oak Street residence in New Britain

Published on Friday, 8 November 2019 17:08
Written by Charles Paullin

@CPaullinNBH

NEW BRITAIN – “Careless smoking” was the cause of a fire at 359 Oak Street Friday afternoon that resulted with no injuries, according to Fire Chief Raul Ortiz.

The blaze on the second floor porch of the three story building, which has one residential unit on each floor, was reported just after 3 p.m., Ortiz said.

Crews were able knock it down quickly, and contain the minimal damage to the front porch area, Ortiz said.

No one was displaced by the fire, Ortiz said.

Charles Paullin can be reached at 860-801-5074 or cpaullin@centralctcommunications.com.



Posted in New Britain Herald, New Britain on Friday, 8 November 2019 17:08. Updated: Friday, 8 November 2019 17:10.