South Windsor man set up meeting in Southington with man posing as teen: police

Published on Thursday, 7 December 2017 22:45


SOUTHINGTON - A South Windsor man is facing a felony charge for allegedly having a sexual conversation with who he thought was a 14-year-old boy and arranging a meeting with a man who turned out to be posing as a minor.

David Ajodhi, 26, has been charged with one count of risk of injury to a minor.

According to the arrest warrant, Ajodhi was set up by the POP (Prey on Predators) Squad. The founder, an adult who goes by “Incognito,” has been responsible for at least four other arrests in the area using a similar sting operation.

Ajodhi and Incognito first made contact with each other in September through a homosexual dating app. They began texting back and forth between Oct. 7-8, according to the warrant.

During the conversation, Ajodhi was told the person he was texting was 14 years old, and he replied saying this was not the first time he has met a minor through the app, police allege.

Ajodhi then said he did not want Incognito to send him “illicit” photographs until he is of age. Later on in the conversation, he expressed his desire to perform oral sex on who he believes is a 14-year-old and says the two could hang out sometime, the warrant said. Ajodhi also expressed his fear that Incognito may have been a police officer setting him up, police allege.

On Oct. 8, Ajodhi and the POP Squad member agreed to meet at a local Walmart, according to the warrant. There, Incognito confronted the 26-year-old about what he was doing. Ajodhi admitted he was there to meet a 14-year-old, but said he planned on taking him to the front desk if he showed up, police allege.

Ajodhi then said he has attempted to get help for “this type of behavior” in the past, saying he went to therapy for 10 years, according to the warrant.

After the Walmart meeting, the POP Squad member turned over the video of the encounter and the chat logs between the two to police.

Ajodhi, who is free on $10,000 bond, was arrested last month and was scheduled to appear this week in Bristol Superior Court. His case was continued Jan. 11 without a plea.

Posted in New Britain Herald, Southington Herald on Thursday, 7 December 2017 22:45. Updated: Thursday, 7 December 2017 22:48.