SOUTHINGTON - A local man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he stalked a woman from whom he had been ordered to stay away.
David Forgione, 59, of 676 Mulberry St., was ordered on Wednesday in Bristol Superior Court to enter an inpatient drug treatment program, should he post his $200,000 bail. He has been held on bond since his latest arrest, on Jan. 13.
The order for Forgione to get drug treatment was made at the request of his family, which court officials say is planning to bail him out soon. At Wednesday’s hearing, he pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree stalking, third-degree assault, second-degree threatening, violation of a protective order and second-degree breach of peace, among other charges.
Before Forgione was arrested on Jan. 13, his wife had called police and said he had been following her in a car in in the area of Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike. The two are divorcing, and he has been ordered not to contact his wife or go near her because of previous domestic incidents.
The woman said Forgione followed her for about 3 1/2 miles while she essentially drove in a circle. He was arrested later that day.
According to police, Forgione had also been arrested on Jan. 10 after allegedly going to his wife’s home and blocking the driveway, preventing her from leaving. Police said this was also a violation of the protective order.
Police said Forgione violated the order again on Jan. 2 and Jan. 8.
On Jan. 2, he allegedly went to his wife’s home after he had been arrested the day before for a domestic incident and ordered to stay away.
On Jan. 8, police allege, he sent his wife a text message.
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or email@example.com.