PLYMOUTH - A Southington man accused of harassing a local teenager is headed to trial.
Robin Jurglewicz, 50, turned down a plea bargain, which would have included no jail time and a period of probation, during a hearing Wednesday in Bristol Superior Court. The deal had been offered by state prosecutors.
Jurglewicz’s attorney also said his client did not want a judicial pretrial hearing, where a judge could have potentially offered a better plea deal. Instead, he said Jurglewicz wanted his case immediately put on the trial list. He is next scheduled to appear on March 28 in New Britain Superior Court, where Bristol trials are held.
Jurglewicz, who is free on $1,000 bond, is facing charges of second-degree harassment and risk of injury to a child. According to the arrest warrant, he allegedly told a 14-year-old boy in an ongoing series of text messages, between December 2016 and June, that he would like to cut his throat and watch him bleed out, and that he would hang him.
Additionally, the warrant continued, Jurglewicz allegedly sent the boy photos of an assault rifle and a handgun and threatened to use them against him and his family. The teen also alleges that Jurglewicz said he would kill him and cut up his body.
The alleged behavior was reported to Plymouth police on June 7 by the 14-year-old’s grandmother, a Bristol woman. She said Jurglewicz was upset that the teen’s mother had cut ties with him and was trying to use the boy to get in contact with her.
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or at email@example.com.