SOUTHINGTON - A local man has pleaded guilty to stalking a woman he had been ordered to stay away from.
David Forgione, 59, of 676 Mulberry St., accepted a plea deal Monday, in Bristol Superior Court, that will spare him prison time. He pleaded guilty to one count each of second-degree threatening, third-degree assault and violation of a protective order.
Forgione, prosecutors said, is expected to be sentenced on Sept. 5 to seven years in prison, suspended, and three years of probation. While on probation, he will be drug tested, as his multiple arrests have been attributed to a substance abuse issue, prosecutors said.
Forgione was arrested on Jan. 13 after his wife called police that day and said he had been following her in a vehicle in the area of Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike. At the time, the two were in the process of divorcing, and he had been ordered not to contact his wife or go near her because of previous domestic incidents.
The woman said Forgione followed her for about three and a half miles while she essentially drove in a circle. He was arrested later that day.
According to police, Forgione was also arrested on Jan. 10 after going to his wife’s home and blocking the driveway, preventing her from leaving. Police said this was also a violation of the protective order between the two.
Furthermore, police said, Forgione violated the order again on Jan. 8 and Jan. 2.
On Jan. 2, he went to his wife’s home after he was arrested the day before for slapping and threatening to kill her. After that arrest, he was ordered to stay away from the house. On Jan. 8, police said, he sent his wife a text message, in violation of the no-contact order.
Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or email@example.com.