SOUTHINGTON – Sliders at 1219 South Main St. will be closed through Saturday 11:30 a.m. to fix a natural gas leak.
Building official John Smigel said repair crews had identified the leak behind some kitchen equipment by around 3:30 p.m. and were working to fix it. An employee at the restaurant said crews will be working throughout the night to make the repairs.
Southington fire crews responded to the restaurant around 10:30 a.m., according to their Twitter account, but left it within a couple hours with repair crews.
No injuries were reported as employees were able to get out unharmed and crews were able to shut the gas off before opening for the day, an employee at the restaurant said.
Charles Paullin can be reached at 860-801-5074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.