Plantsville man pleads not guilty to sexual assault, kidnapping charges

Published on Wednesday, 13 October 2021 14:03
Written by JUSTIN MUSZYNSKI

@MUSZYNSKIBP

SOUTHINGTON -- A Plantsville man has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping and sexual assault charges.

Jonathan Vose, 36, of 150 Burritt St., appeared before a judge Tuesday in New Britain Superior Court, where court records indicate he entered not guilty pleas to charges of first-degree kidnapping, first-degree sexual assault with a firearm, strangulation, third-degree assault, threatening, unlawful restraint and disorderly conduct.

Four of those charges are felonies, while three are classified as misdemeanors.

Vose is being held on $1 million bond. He is due back in court on Dec. 16 for a pretrial hearing in New Britain.

Vose was arrested on Sept. 1 after police say his alleged victim ran to a passerby that morning and asked for help.

Police said the victim around 7:30 a.m. ran to a man’s pickup truck and said she had been assaulted. At the time of the arrest, police did not disclose the location of where this happened.

According to police, the woman had obvious injuries. She was taken to an area hospital for medical treatment.

After receiving the report that the woman was both sexually and physically assaulted, police charged Vose. Police said he and the victim were known to each other.

Further details about the allegations have not been released.

Vose was initially held on $250,000 bond before it was increased during his arraignment on Sept. 2.

Justin Muszynski can be reached at 860-973-1809 or jmuszynski@bristolpress.com.



Posted in New Britain Herald, Southington Herald on Wednesday, 13 October 2021 14:03. Updated: Wednesday, 13 October 2021 14:06.