Hartford student gets sick after eating 'edible narcotic'

Published on Monday, 15 October 2018 16:10
Written by

ASSOCIATED PRESS

HARTFORD - A student at a Connecticut high school has been taken to the hospital after eating what police described as an “edible narcotic.”

Hartford police responded to Bulkeley High School just before 10 a.m. Monday and met with a school security official who said a boy had brought the edible to school and shared it with a girl.

The girl began to feel sick and was brought to the hospital by her mother. She suffered what police called a minor reaction.

None of the substance was left and the boy would only say he got it “at a corner store somewhere” and the only person he shared with was the girl.

The boy was suspended from school.

No names were released because both students are juveniles.



Posted in New Britain Herald, General News, State on Monday, 15 October 2018 16:10. Updated: Monday, 15 October 2018 16:12.